Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's my tee and i'll design if I want too!

Posted on/at 8:34 PM by Unknown





There are a lot of cool tees out there, from nostalgic to geeky, to downright nerdy (See above), but every so often don't you think HEY, I have a GREAT idea for a shirt! Then it hits you, wow I don't have the foggiest idea on how to start. Well today we are going to start a new series on what you can do and how you can do it - and what resources are the best.

Here is what you are going to need
  • A Great Idea
  • Some form of creative ability
  • If no ability - resources for legally free artwork
  • And some place to manufacture the shirt for you
The great idea part is up to you, all I can say is look around for some inspiration - dig from within, if you are a geek like me, look towards your daily content of video games and applications - if your a media junkie, think about your favorite artists or movies, anywho - that is your homework for today - Think of a good idea - a saying or a reference from your daily lives.

Today I will leave you with a link to start designing on your own - 1800clothes.com, a new site T.S.G. turned me on to - Next time we will start with the art portion and what you will need to do to make sure your shirt doesn't show up on your front door looking like something the cat threw up!

Thanks for tuning in! Oh and if you missed out on the geek humor from the top pick, its from an insanely creative and addictive video game called Portal, if you havn't played it - drop everything now and go get it - seriously...i'll wait.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post. I do my tees at REMO, which is working out well. In two months, I've done 100 designs & made $43 in commission. Best regards, P. :)