Friday, January 2, 2009

I yam what I yam, I'm the Tee shirt man !

Posted on/at 6:36 PM by Unknown






Greetings all, and Thanks T.S.G. for asking me to guest post!

Here is my quibble for the day, get ready all for a major influx of cartoon nerdvana, That spinach lovin' sailor 'Popeye' is soon to show up on tons of tee shirts and other memorabilia. What is the reason for this? Is it a new movie starring Robin Williams? a new raspberry flavored spinach (ewe)?
no no, our favorite sailors copyright has expired in the U.K. thus allowing anyone and everyone to freely use his image on Tee shirts and everything from Pet Clothing to (GASP! Blasphemy) new cartoons! The rash of retro shirts will hopefully spawn a new era of classic tees allowing us old geeks (34 seems ancient) to finally wear our geek pride in public!

But don't get your spinach in a bunch, this bluto hasn't rested on our shores yet. Yep, due to US copyright, we here in the states will have to wait a bit longer.

************ TV Show T Shirts ***************



In the meantime while we wait for the brits to start importing, check out 80's tees, they have some decent retro popeye tees, as well as 'teeshirtsrock.com' for this classic tee that reminds me of the old arcade game - gotta collect those hearts and save me' olive!

0 comments: